1) Product range My Vita Bags are bags to carry and store fresh produce. Made from 100% certified organic cotton (undyed and untreated) they come in 4 different sizes, mesh and muslin.
To learn more about the specifics of the product, keep reading or scroll to the bottom of this post :)
1) Product range
My Vita Bags are bags to carry and store fresh produce. Made from 100% certified organic cotton (undyed and untreated) they come in 4 different sizes, mesh and muslin.To learn more about the specifics of the product, keep reading or scroll to the bottom of this post :)
2) Our Story
My Name is Cecilia Clavijo Boshoff, I am originally from Bolivia South America, I came to New Zealand 12 years ago, went to University here, got married and now have 3 gorgeous Kiwi boys. Being a mum of three boys you buy a lot of food and the nutrition of my kids is very important to me so we buy heaps of fruit and vegetables and unfortunately or fortunately for me there wasn’t a sustainable mainstream solution for plastic bags when buying produce. That is how I decided to create a product that is not only harmless to the environment but that also generates benefits to all people involved with it from the start of the production till its disposal. I envisioned a product that would be easy to access, use and reuse.
3) Our point of difference
My Vita Bag is ethically made from durable certified organic cotton (using methods and materials that have a low impact on the environment. Organic production systems replenish and maintain soil fertility, reduce the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and fertilizers, and build biologically diverse agriculture.)
My Vita bag comes in packs of 4 units; all our packs come with two types of bags: Mesh ideal for fruit and peelable produce and Muslin ideal for your greens.
My Vita Bag can be refrigerated with your produce inside and keep it fresher for longer, they can also be used for dried fruit nuts and cheese. And it also offers a pretty and practical storage solution inside or outside the fridge.
My vita bag can be taken to supermarkets, Farmers markets or any other place where you buy your Fruit and veggies
My Vita Bag can be acquired at an affordable price, it will last you 3 to 4 years depending on use and once worn out it is 100% biodegrable.
4) Our favourite thing about what we do We love what we do because My Vita Bag not only offers an environmental benefit but also a social benefit to communities that otherwise would not be able to access fair working conditions and makes it easier for people who does not want to deal with plastic bags accumulating at home.
5) Our values Our Organic Cotton Fields offer fair trade employment and are certified by SA8000:2014 (Social Accountability International) and Goats Certification (Global Organic Textile Standard)
6) Why we like trading at the market We love that at the market we are able to interact directly with the people gain their feedback and validate the amazing benefits that MyVita Bag represents for our consumers.
7) Final words We want to thank all the people who already bought MyVita Bag and encourage them to not forget to use and reuse them cause that will make all the difference. And to all the people who devoted their time and expertise free of charge so we could bring this to people, we have been trading for a month and our metrics are fantastic:
7200 people decided to reduce their waste and switch to our reusable produce Bags We stopped 374,400 plastic bags from being used every year. We are growing our Social Media community and uplifting the name of Christchurch the city of Innovation and Opportunity.
---> More info on product specifics MyVita Bag Mesh allows easy identification of your fruit and vegetables and encourages air circulation. It’s great for storing peelable produce, such as potatoes and onions, in your pantry. They work well in the refrigerator when storing peelable fruit such as apples and oranges. My Vita Bag Muslin is made from breathable fabric that helps keep your produce fresher in the fridge by reducing exposure to light. It is ideal for lettuce, spinach and other delicate produce. (Not recommended for produce that will wilt in a low humidity environment.) For better results, spray or sprinkle My Vita Bag with water while the produce is inside and then place them in the fridge. Muslin bags are also ideal for cheese and ham; you can take them with you to the supermarket and ask for your ham or cheese to be placed instead of plastic packaging. Muslin bags are also fantastic to store dried fruits, nuts and many other wholefoods.